I made this delicious risotto tonight for dinner. I just threw together some stuff I had on hand and it came out pretty amazing. Bon appetite!
2 boneless, skinless chicken breast
1 cup uncooked Risotto
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons butter or margerine
1/2 onion sliced then quartered
3 cups chicken broth
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 can artichoke hearts in water (drained) sliced in half
1 tablespoon McCormick Grill Mates Montreal Chicken seasoning
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese (plus additional for garnish)
Fresh ground pepper for garnish
1. Cut chicken into bite sized pieces and toss with McCormick Grill Mate chicken seasoning in a bowl. Set aside to marinate.
2. Saute onion and garlic in olive oil and butter for 3 minutes
3. Add risotto and stir for 2 minutes
4. Stir in 1 cup of the chicken broth. Continue cooking, stirring frequently until liquid is absorbed. It should be slowly boiling but not up too high.
5. Gradually stir in 1 more cup of broth. Continue cooking & stirring until liquid is absorbed.
6. Cook chicken in a separate pan until it is mostly cooked.
7. Add remaining 1 cup of broth to risotto. Add chicken and artichoke hearts and stir. Continue cooking until liquid is absorbed and risotto is ready.
8. Add the grated parmesan cheese last and stir until melted.
9. Serve onto plates and garnish each with fresh shredded parmesan and fresh ground pepper.
edit: It just occurred to me that I could make this better by adding sundried tomato. So I guess cut them into thin slices and add to risotto when you add the chicken. Mmm I must try that next time!